Last Modified: June 16, 2017
Information We Collect Directly from You
We generally collect the following information directly from users of our Services:
- When you register for or use a HealPay account: we collect personal information such as your email address.
- When you access your HealPay account to make a payment: we may collect billing and related information such as your telephone number and email address
- When we verify your identity and underwrite your application for an account: we will request additional personal information to confirm your identity. We may ask you for your driver’s license number, social security number, birth date or other Personal Information. At times we will obtain information about you from third party verification services and credit bureaus.
Additional information from or about you may also be collected from you by filling out forms through our Services, including responses to customer surveys, or through your communications with our customer service team.
We use technology to help us automatically collect information from You
When you use our Services, we may automatically record your account transactions, transaction location, and computer or access device.
We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
It is important for us to track how our website is used, and we (or our service providers) may place “cookies” on your computer or device. Cookies are small data files that identify you when you use our services. You have the option to decline our cookies by using your browsers settings tools, but this may interfere with your use of our Services.
Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our Services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
Protecting Personal information
Any information that can be used to identify a person is “Personal Information”. This does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide you the features and functionality of the Service to ensure that you have a safe, high-performance experience when using the Service. We use the Personal Information that you provide allows us to verify your identity, process transactions and send notices about your transactions, resolve disputes, otherwise communicate with you regarding the Services, and to enforce our agreements with you. The Personal Information allows us to secure the best possible experience for all HealPay users by ensuring compliance with US state and federal laws and our own policies. We may also use this information to measure how our users use the Service, and improve and enhance our offerings to you.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If we do use your information to contact you about our own goods and services, you may unsubscribe from our contact within the email correspondence or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
Sharing Personal information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties, including but not limited to:
- Service providers who provide us a range of essential operational services including fraud prevention, transaction processing, collections, direct marketing, and managed technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Verification services and credit bureaus to underwrite your application for HealPay accounts and to comply with our legal credit reporting rights and obligations.
- Financial institutions that allow us to offer your payment processing services, and partner with us to develop new offerings for you.
- Clients of HealPay for whom we accept payments from you on their behalf through the Services (“Clients”).
- Law enforcement authorities or government representatives who may require us to share information in order to comply with court order and other legal mandates, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to report suspicious activities, prevent physical harm, financial loss, or violations of our agreements and policies.
- Other third parties, subject to your prior consent or direction.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. User, transaction, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may transfer your Personal Information buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of HealPay’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by HealPay about uses of our Services is among the assets transferred.
HealPay may disclose certain information about you without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
Your Choices about Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case HealPay may not be able to provide certain services to you. You can review and correct the information about you that HealPay keeps on file by contacting us as described below.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, HealPay does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with our Service. Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not register on our Service or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information to or on HealPay. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us as described below.
Links to Other Web Sites
Contact us with any questions
Please contact at 734-272-4729 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding our policy.